ECFC Youth Programming
1314 Main St. Swan River, MB | (204) 734-9301 | Fax: (204) 734-3090
Programmer: Emma-Leigh Rusk
Our After School programs are directed towards children ages 7-17 years old with the acceptation of anyone younger joining while being accompanied by an adult.
Our After School Activities program uses community facilities like schools and recreation centres for activities identified and organized by local children, youth and community members.
The After School Activities program:
- supports community activities
- encourages partnerships among children, youth, families, community and justice representatives (police, probation)
- helps communities to design and deliver programs by children and youth, for children and youth
- includes activities with academic support and skill-building
- supports and encourages inter-agency co-operation in program delivery
After School Activities can have tremendous benefits for participants. Statistics Canada observes that children and youth who participate in organized activities outside of school tend to have higher self-esteem, interact better with friends and perform better in school.
After School Activities offer positive environments and operate in many communities throughout Manitoba. Activities normally take place at least once a week.
Remember to watch our Calendar or Monthly Newsletters